Looking for fun ways incorporate your pet into your holiday decorations this season? Thanks to Pinterest, we’ve compiled a list of cute, easy DIY ideas for a pet-themed Christmas!
Salt Dough Ornaments
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- parchment paper
- straw for hole punch
- Combine all the ingredients. If the dough seems too dry, add more water.
- Split the dough into several parts.
- Shape the dough and place on a baking sheet (or oven safe plate), covered with parchment paper. I smoothed the top of the dough out by laying parchment paper on top and rubbing my hands on it.
- Gently push either a foot, hand, paw, etc into the dough circles.
- Use a knife to cut clean edges around imprint if you would like
- make a hole in the top of the ornament with the straw
- Bake at 200°F for 3-6 hours until dry.
- Allow to cool.
- (Optional) Paint with acrylic paint.