Benefits of Personalized Dog Collars
While dog identification tags and personalized buckle collars are popular ways to identify your dog, dogIDs ScruffTag, NamePlate and Embroidered Collars offer several advantages over traditional tags and engraved buckle collars. Here are some of the benefits that will ensure your dog stays known and safely home.
- More Secure: Dog ID tags can fall off or become damaged, leaving your dog without identification. Personalized collars, on the other hand, boldly display your contact information directly around your dog's neck, a much more effective way to ensure your dog is always "Known and Safely Home".
- More Visible: Pet ID tags and engraved buckles mainly stay right under your dog's chin at all times. If your dog happens to get lost, the person who finds your dog may be apprehensive to reach under your dog's jowls to find and read a tag or buckle. dogIDs ScruffTag, NamePlate and Embroidered collars all boldly display your contact information on the back of your dog's neck, making it much easier to read, in most cases without even touching your dog. This is a huge differentiator encouraging the finder to contact you or return your dog home.
- Safety: An engraved or embroidered collar can improve your dog's safety in other ways too. For example, if your dog has a medical condition or allergy, you can include this information on their collar so that anyone who finds them knows to take extra care. Additionally, if you choose to go with a reflective style collar, it will make your dog more visible in low-light conditions, which can help prevent accidents. And last but definitely not least, tags can get caught on obstacles or stuck between your heater vent fins or between deck boards, for examples. These situations can keep your dog stuck in places they would rather not be, stress them tremendously and in extreme cases, even cause strangulation.
- No Noise: Traditional tags hanging from a collar are noisy and jingle while your pup prances around the house or while eating or drinking from bowls at meal time, which can be annoying for both dogs and owners. Laser engraved or embroidered collars are quiet and can provide a more peaceful environment for you and your dog.
- Convenience: If you choose to go with a personalized collar for your dog, you won't have to worry about attaching a separate ID tag to your dog's collar, which can be bulky, noisy and just more complicated. Instead, all of your dog's identification information will be conveniently located on their collar.
- Durability: Custom collars from dogIDs are made from the most durable waterproof, leather or synthetic webbing with high quality field tested hardware designed to withstand wear and tear from the rowdiest of dogs, which means that they will last longer than generic collars and tags. This can save you money in the long run, as you won't have to replace your dog's collar as often and most importantly this ensures your dog will always have readable identification. And did we mention that all of our embroidery and laser engraving is guaranteed for the life of your pet? Yep!
- Customizable: They can be customized to fit your dog's specific needs and preferences. You can choose from a variety of materials, sizes, and colors, and include information such as your dog's name, phone number, and medical information.
- More Style Options: They can also be a stylish accessory for your dog. You can choose from a variety of designs and materials that reflect your dog's personality, and coordinate with their outfit or other accessories.
- Bonding: They can help strengthen the bond between you and your dog. By selecting a collar that reflects your dog's unique personality and preferences, you show them that you care about their individuality and that they're an important member of your family.
- Emotional support: For dogs who provide emotional support to their owners, a collar with personalization can be a source of comfort and security. Seeing their name or a special message on their collar can help them feel more connected to their owner and more confident in their role as a support animal.
Overall, personalized dog collars offer a more safe, secure, customizable, and stylish way to identify your dog compared to traditional dog identification tags or personalized buckle collars.