- How to Install a Rivet On Dog Collar Nameplate
- How to Install a Slide On Collar Nameplate
- How to Activate Your QR Code Tag
- How to Attach a Hanging ID Tag to a Collar with an S-Hook or Split Ring
- How to Put on a Step-In Dog Harness
- How to Put on a Dog Sweater
- How to Apply a Decal Video
- How to Use a Tag Silencer Video
How to Install a Rivet On Dog Collar Nameplate
If you buy a personalized dog collar from dogIDs with a built in nameplate, we will rivet the nameplate onto the collar for you before we ship your order.
However, if you already have a collar and you want to personalize it with a rivet on nameplate, we've created a video that will show you how.
Prefer written instructions? Click here for printable step-by-step instructions on how to install a nameplate with rivets.
How to Install a Slide On Collar Nameplate
If you already have an open-ended collar (like a human belt), you can use a slide-on nameplate to personalize it. The opening on this collar nameplate is approximately 1/8" wide, so it won't fit over a collar with a large snap buckle.
These nameplates are incredibly easy to install! Just slide the nameplate onto the open end of the collar and adjust to the spot where you’d like it to sit.
Watch our How-To video to see how easy installation can be!
How to Activate Your QR Code Tag
To activate your QR code tag and start your FREE basic membership with PetHub, follow these steps
1) Follow this link (http://www.pethub.com/activate) to be taken to PetHub's website.
2) Create a new account with PetHub OR sign in with an existing account if you have used one of their products before.
3) Set up a free profile with PetHub.com and update your dog's account with all of the important information to keep them safe and healthy.
How to Attach a Hanging ID Tag to a Collar with an S-Hook or Split Ring
All tags ordered from dogIDs will arrive at your door with two choices of tag attachments: a split ring or an S-hook. Either option will work to attach your new tag to your dog’s collar or harness.
Check out our how-to video to learn more about how to attach the tag using either method!
How to Put on a Step-In Dog Harness
Step-in harnesses are a great harness option for easily getting your dog ready and out the door.
If you need help learning how to use this style of harness, check out our how-to video.
How to Put on a Dog Sweater
Dog sweaters are very cute and can be very functional, especially during winter months. We have heard from customers who wanted some guidance in the best way to put a dog sweater on their pooch, so we created a how-to video explaining the process.